This afternoon, we completed the last step in a series of upgrades which we started on 1st February. Since then, we have:
- Updated all of our virtualization hosts to the latest Linux kernel 2.6.32 and Qemu-KVM 0.12.2.
- Significantly expanded our capacity in both of our UK data centres, particular at London BlueSquare (lon-b)
Our customers now benefit from:
- Improved virtualization performance, particularly for disk I/O
- Better hardware emulation, in particular a new virtual BIOS
- Improved memory management on our virtualization hosts
Thank you to all of our customers for working with us through these upgrades — we are committed to providing best-in-class performance using the latest stable versions of the cutting-edge KVM engine, and are pleased to have brought these significant improvements online.