£30,000 – £40,000 per annum
Permanent/Full-Time in Chiswick, West London, with scope for flexible working.
We require a Python developer to join our development team at our friendly office in exciting West London.
- Development of the Python/Django web application which provides our user interface
- Adding small features and fixing bugs in this code base with a rapid turnaround, in response to customer feedback received by our sales and support teams
- Working with our support team to identify and fix any bugs behind our most difficult incidents
- Implementing the longer team feature roadmap for this code base, particularly the user interface
- Contributing to the development of lower layers of our technology stack
- Contributing to the open source technologies which we use
- Working with the technical staff at their platform licensees to design and develop any customizations that we have agreed
Skills & Requirements:
We are looking for a candidate with experience in some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- Experience of web development in at least one of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Java, C++.
- A good eye for UI design.
- Experience contributing to open source projects and with the typical email-discussion and patch-based workflow that these adopt (please cite examples of any open source work in your CV).
- Experience with developing software in a command-line Linux environment.
- Experience with Linux system administration and virtualization, ideally KVM.
- Experience of web hosting technologies: domains, DNS, IPs, firewalls, load balancing, web servers, web application frameworks, databases, etc.
We have a casual and friendly working environment; there's a pool table and board games in the office and a lot of productive work discussions happen while playing. All team members have freedom to choose their own hardware, software, operating systems and peripherals for their work, and we have a casual dress code. It's possible to work flexible hours and to work from home some of the time. We supply tea, coffee, fruit, etc., in the office, and cake at birthdays.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Strictly no agencies please.
Working for Elastichosts
Elastichosts is a fast-growing, vibrant and flexible company with a passion for our work and a friendly, informal atmosphere. We are proud to be declared the 2nd fastest-growing Internet Company in the UK by Deloitte. If you’re looking for a job with great learning opportunities, a chance to share ideas and your attitude is hard work and having fun at the same time, then you could be our next ElasticHoster! Please view our current opportunities above. If you think you’re suitable, please email your CV to email@example.com.
Life at Elastichosts
We are a friendly company with a world-wide team that works closely together to provide both the best working environment for us, and the best technology and support for our customers. Several of the London-based staff go running together regularly and have put together a mixed Netball team on occasion. We also have a stash of board games, a pool table, and unicycle around the office from time to time.